This may sound bad but I never buy Cosmetics/Beauty here in Australia unless I have a gift card or if cost price works out to be the same price or just a few dollars more then the USA. Why? You may ask it’s because we (Australian’s) do get ripped off so much. I know there are many reason why we pay heaps. I't does come down to many factors. I know I feel bad because I’m not putting money into our economy. But why pay $60 for one lipstick when I can get it for almost half the price in the USA.
Some companies like Sephora , Macy’s and Bloomingdales have caught onto International buyers and now you can no longer use a International Card for your purchases .
How do I buy?
Well I use a mail forwarding system. Where I pay a company for the items I would like and they ship them straight to me.
I have used a few companies but I found Parcel It On to be the best. Quick responses via email, Fast shipping and does not charge the earth.
How does it works?
- I email Parcel it on with the website and all the items I wish to buy.
- They then send me a invoice with all the items and cost including gst
- I then send the money through PayPal. All the information on who to send the money to is all on the invoice.
- Once they receive the money they then purchase the items for me
- Once the items arrive to the US address they then send me a email asking what kind of shipping I would like and how much it will cost per shipping method for example Express, Regular, Insurance and so on.
- I them email the back letting them know what shipping method I would like. Then I’ll receive a invoice with the cost of shipping also the service fee of $15.00.
- After they receive the money they then send off you items.
- Now it’s time to stalk the post Man.
Note: Most US sites have free shipping on orders over $50. So no need to worrry about the shipping cost from the website to the US address.
A few Examples on how much I have saved.
- Tiffany Necklace Here is AU $300 I paid $180US
- Clarsonic Mia Here in AU around $250 (Back when it was expensive) I paid $190US
- MAC cosmetics Holiday collection Here I was looking at $400 plus I paid $250US
- Always do your research and check to see if you will save money and if its worth it. Someimes (once in a blue moon) you may not saves much at all.
- Always do a search for online coupons this can include 15%off-75%off also can include free deluxe samples.
- Remember to add the discount codes to your first email.
Benefit Cosmetics ships to Australia and charges a small fee or you get Free shipping on all orders over $110.00 US. Benefit Cosmetics.
Kiss and Makeup NY have many high end brands at US prices. Brands include NARS, Laura Mercia, Clarasoinc, Butter London and Smash box. Kiss and Makeup NY
Sigma Ships to Australia and sometimes they have special on Free International Shipping. Sigma
Illamasqua do ship to Australia for around $8.50. But remember it is in GBP. Illamasqua
Forever21 and Victorias Secrect both ship here yay! but shipping can get pricey. Forever21 Victorias Secret
I hope this post has helped.
If you have any questions please ask :)